Sunday 4 May 2014

Collars and Shoulder Pads

In this last week we are to look back through all the work we have produced over the 4 weeks and focus our attention on either weave, stitch or collaborate with both.

After reading back through our Unit X brief, I discovered it states that 'the emphasis will be placed on designing for accessories'. For example, cuffs, collars or shoulder pads. I have therefore been researching many varieties of these, a few of which can be seen below.



I really liked this idea above of over sized collar, and I feel it could work well as an accessory piece with my samples incorporated. However, I much prefer the idea of shoulder pads that could then be developed further, as they would work more successfully with my sampling. I have decided to use the ideas from my samples in my previous post. The cement and emulsion will give them the stiff quality that is unique to shoulder pads.

Below shows a few ideas I will work with to inspire me for my final piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment