Wednesday 10 September 2014

Summer work: Influences

Looking back at the work I produced in the first year, I am trying to now find artists that work in a similar way. I worked a lot with heavy duty D.I.Y materials, building up layers and working into them. I was also using pens and ink, and using water to manipulate my drawings.

Over the summer I came across an artist called Terry Jarrard-Diamond. I especially like her surface design work using ink and paint. These pieces are very similar to work I have done in the past and I have continued to work in a similar way in some of my drawings over the summer break. I like the simple, monochrome colour palette. She works a lot using just lines which I found quite interesting. I like that this composition is simple and so is more technique focused. This is something I have noticed about my more successful pieces in the past.

Terry Jarrard-Diamond

Travelling to the Caribbean every year for as long as I can remember has given me an attraction to bright, vibrant colours in parts of my work. I really like the work by Raul de la Torre. I love his use of vibrant colour and hand stitch. The technique is so simple as a process but is very striking. Below are a couple of images of his pieces.











No comments:

Post a Comment