Saturday 15 February 2014

Drawings/ Drawing Fridays

These are few of the many drawings I have produced as a result of the data project and the Friday drawing days. 

Distort and Warp
I used the idea of flicking ink across the paper and the selected a variety of object to outline. I then used a drawing tool that I had made in the past to add water to distort the way the ink had originally dried on the paper and to smudge the outlines to see how this changes the original piece.





Mechanical Drawing
I took a simple everyday item and used it to change the way I was drawing. I used a straw to blown a pool of ink around a piece of cartridge paper. This idea then became the basis for my interpretation of 'data' in the data project this term.


Layering
I love the thought of layering a few different ideas, whether related or not. For example, in the photograph below I have taken a couple of different objects (pebbles and matchboxes) and layered them; playing around with different colour, media, size and tools.


No comments:

Post a Comment