Sunday 30 March 2014

Paper Fringing and Edges - Construction

After looking at the work of Jordan Ferney and Ashley Rose Kirschling, I was inspired to use paper in my samples. In the ' stitch' side of this unit, I found using the ruffler foot particularly interesting. Especially the ways it can control different materials. So I decided to experiment with paper to replicate this effect. Below are a couple photographs of strips of paper that have been threaded onto string to create this ruffled appearance. 





I really like the shapes that are made by manipulating the paper in this way. I then went on to look at other ways paper could be manipulated and what effects these would give.



The braided paper worked well; I really like the differences with each one. I would like to take this idea further, possibly using different textured and thicknesses of yarn to try and replicate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment