Saturday 29 March 2014

Jordan Ferney and Ashley Rose Kirschling - Paper Fringing

I came across these artists whilst I was researching edges and fringing. This particular piece of their's caught my eye especially. This was a project that was to create several large hanging sections of fringed paper. I loved the unpredictability of it and the large scale. 


I was so inspired by their work that I proceeded to make some of my own but on a much smaller scale (shown below). Although very time consuming, the shapes that were created as the paper spun naturally were very elegant. I especially like the way the light catches on each of the fringes.


After this, I discovered that I really liked working with paper as a main material as it is easily manipulated but can hold structure well; so I will take this concept further into my future sampling.

No comments:

Post a Comment