Saturday 8 November 2014

Initial Samples

This week I started producing some small samples that incorporate various aspects of my drawings. Again I began by working in black and white. I find that by working in this way I can see more easily what is working well and what isn't.

Looking at the drawings in my sketchbook, I have incorporated tracing paper quite a bit, to replicate the faded quality that I've shown all the way through this unit. When choosing my materials I made sure i did not loose these qualities. The netting and mesh that I chose show the links to my drawings well. I also like that there is a contrast between the translucency of the mesh with the rigidity of it too. The strength in these materials is a quality I really like and will follow through in the rest of my sampling. It shows good connections to my drawings where structure is prominent. The combination of these elements has made my initial samples a success.

Photographed below are a few of my initial black and white samples.


hand stitch




machine stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment