Sunday 22 February 2015

Evaluation

This unit has been a step in the right direction for me. Although at some points I found myself getting stuck and confused, I was able to work around the problem by changing the way I was working and what I focused on. I have manged my time much more effectively than I had done in the last unit, which enabled me to experiment more with drawing and sampling, finding the strengths and weaknesses in both, and being able to rectify the problems.

In some respects I would like a couple more weeks to see where I could take my work to next; however, I like that this unit has been left open ended, so that I can come back and look at it from a different angle another time. The idea of an open ended brief scared me at first, as I had no idea of what I was working towards for submission. Being someone who likes to be organised, I found this quite a challenge at first. However I learnt to forget about what I was 'supposed' to produce at the end, and rather concentrate on the work I was creating at the time. This enabled me to be more free with my drawing and sampling and not limit my ideas.

I feel that this unit has been a successful one for me, in both what I have produced and what I have learnt. Also in helping me find my 'hand stamp' and experimenting with it. I find ink and water very enjoyable media to work with and this is something I will take forward to future units.

No comments:

Post a Comment