Sunday 8 February 2015

Set Stitch

This week I have felt very confused and unsuccessful with my work. I feel that at the moment I have so many ideas but haven't begun focusing on anything in particular. So I am looking forward to my pin-up session tomorrow which I hope will help give me direction in the weeks to come.

Regardless of feeling confused about my work, we have always been told that we should keep making and producing even if it doesn't feel relevant, as we always make something for a reason. So this is what I have been doing this week.

After sorting through my samples and drawings, I found that I like working in repetition but in a disorderly format to produce an irregular pattern. I experimented with the ruffler foot but found it was unsuccessful as there isn't a lot that can be done with the material once it has been processed. I looked at the set stitch designs on my home sewing machine, trying to relate them to my drawings and found a selection that worked well when  I varied the stitch length and width. I have done a couple of samples using this idea which are photographed below.



This gave me something new to experiment with which makes me feel more confident about the pin-up session tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment