Wednesday 6 November 2013

Melissa Zexter - Artist

Melissa Zexter's work really interested me. I really like the composition of this piece specifically.
I like the contrast in colour between the background and the hand stitching in this; the muted background tones with the brighter bold colours of the threads. It creates a sense of juxtaposition. 
It was this colour contrast as well as the difference in textures that attracted me to her work.
I also really liked the way the threads overlap and are random over the dull, muted picture beneath. The contrast of the messy and the detailed drew my attention to it.



I'm really interested in giving my work different textures and contrasting colours that catch the eye.
In some of my samples based on the chance card drawings, I have used the work of Melissa Zexter to influence the outcome. For example in the sample below:-
I like the simplicity in this piece. I used a combination of 2 of the drawings I did using the chance cards. I used Melissa Zexter's work as inspiration as I really liked the layering of the paper and the thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment