Wednesday 20 November 2013

Pippa Andrews - Artist

Pippa Andrews' work, I find very relateable. I really like the almost linear nature of this piece especially. 
I like working linearly; the neatness and accuracy in this attracted me to it. I also like that she has mixed the way it 'should' be precise with a combination of it almost being unorganised.  
I like the way it looks like the grids are being manipulated by being bent in different directions and almost look like they overlap one another. I have taken this idea and used it in a few of my samples based on the windows of the New Art&Design Building.

I like the simplicity of this piece as it allows me to look at the piece as a whole rather than focusing on close up detail. Again this has influence my work, the samples I have done (hand and machine) mainly include quite simplistic ones. Allowing me and others to look closer at the techniques and stitches I have used.

No comments:

Post a Comment